Here at Motus Commercials we’re proud to employ great colleagues who are passionate about their roles. When looking for the right role, we recognise everyone has different needs, considerations, and aspirations. So, no matter who you are, what you need or where you’re going, Motus Commercials wants to be part of your future.
Motus Commercials is an approved DAF Commercial Vehicle dealership located in Huddersfield and is on the lookout for a dedicated Apprentice to become a fully qualified DAF Commercial Vehicle Technician. As our new Apprentice, you will join our friendly Team which will see you working 5 days a week 08.00am to 16.30pm in our approved DAF dealership workshop.
Starting date for this role would be July/August
We receive a high volume of Brilliant candidates for our apprenticeships and we thank each and every one of you for taking the time to apply. All candidates are reviewed and then sent directly to each hiring manager and a short list is made from there, candidates who have made it through to the shortlist will be contacted from March 1st onwards to invite you into the dealership you have applied to join. We are really looking forward to meeting with you!!
From day 1 as a Motus Commercials colleague, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- A pension that pays – Auto enrolment pension scheme through salary sacrifice to ensure you get the most out of your hard-earned money.
- BUPA Medical Insurance – ensuring you and your loved ones are covered we offer a discounted scheme for all Motus colleagues.
- Life Assurance 2 x salary – we give you the peace of mind when you need it most
- Vehicle purchase discount – Our sister Company Pentagon Motor Group provide colleague and family discount to all Motus colleagues.
- Employee Discounts with the Network Benefits – fantastic deals and discounts on a wide range of products and services available to all colleagues.
- Employee Assistance Programme – We take colleague wellbeing seriously at Motus Commercials, we offer a free programme to support all our colleagues and families with whatever challenges they may face at work or at home 24/7 365 days a year.
- Colleague Introduction Award – recommend somebody for a role at Motus Commercials and you could earn up to £2000 once they’re fully on-board with us
- Holiday allowance rising with length of service – We reward long service with extra holiday
- Great career development – we pride ourselves on offering internal and external training and development opportunities along with a realistic career pathway for each member of our team through our People Partnership Initiatives.
- Onsite Mental Health First Aiders – at Motus Commercials we understand mental health is not always easily spoken about which is why we have adopted various methods to support colleagues including onsite mental health first aiders, mental health awareness campaigns and a mental health text number should you require support but not feel ready to discuss in person. All our managers are also mental health aware trained.
- Being Brilliant Awards – At Motus Commercials we believe Together We Make A Difference and like to reward and recognise all colleagues who go the extra mile.
- Engagement & Charity – You will have the opportunity to participate in charity events to raise funds for our charities of choice, we also hold regular engagement events for all colleagues to enjoy their time with us at Motus Commercials.
The rapid evolution of today’s commercial vehicles and technology keeping them running means that first class training for apprentices involved in the vital service and maintenance of these vehicles is more important than ever. This apprentice programme gives you the chance to join the select group of specialist technicians maintaining some of the most modern, sophisticated vehicles on the road keeping the country running.
We are looking to recruit an Apprentice to join the friendly Team to become a Vehicle Technician with us at Motus Commercials DAF in Huddersfield.
- Are you an aspiring mechanic with a hands-on approach to learning how things work?
- Do you have a logical mind, someone who can see a process - take it apart and reassemble things?
- Do you look for ways to continually improve through personal development and embarking on training?
If the answer is yes then we would love to invest in your future, empower you with the opportunity to meet your full potential up to master technician and beyond should you APPLY today!
What Will You Be Doing?
Motus Commercials in Huddersfield is an approved DAF Dealership and are hiring a new Apprentice DAF Technician who can learn how to service and repair vehicles in a safe and economical manner through the supervision of a fully qualified Technician.
- To undertake hands on training within the Service Department by working with your nominated mentor.
- To observe and learn how to be able to diagnose a fault
- To learn how to repair basic faults through to more complicated as your knowledge grows
- To learn the dealer standards and undertake servicing and repair work to the standard required
- To embrace all opportunities of learning and developing alongside some of our industry leading Master Technicians
- To attend recognised courses of instruction and achieve the correct pass mark for each course.
- To always work to the best of his/her ability.
- To respect the property of the Company and any property for which the Company is responsible, or which is in their care.
- To assist with general housekeeping duties required within the workshop.
- To enjoy your time as a Brilliant colleague within Motus Commercials
Who Are We Looking for?
We are looking an apprentice to join our friendly Team who can demonstrate:
- A keen interest in motor vehicles and ability to follow instructions (work experience through school placement)
- Enthusiasm, commitment, and confidence
- An analytical and methodical way of thinking - previous interests in engineering, technology and diagnostics
- Being highly motivated with an eye for detail.
- that they are driven by own initiative
- An excellent communicator with the ability to maintain positive relationships.
- Minimum grade C / 5 in English and Maths is preferred.
At Motus Commercials one of our core values is we believe Our Colleagues Are Our Most Important Asset and you can be assured that should you be offered a position with us you will receive industry leading training and will become part of a Brilliant Team.
One of our other core values is Together We Make a Difference and it is our ambition to work together to promote a more inclusive environment, which attracts all candidates and signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity. Should you wish to apply and be part of the Brilliant Team at Motus Commercials you can text Apprentice to 66777 or apply via the system, either way you can be assured your application will be acknowledged in a timely manner.